Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Almost done

I read the PC journals daily; I have also downloaded the app. on my iphone which has made my addiction to posting much easier. I LOOOOVE IT!!! hehe. After reading many posts daily which have helped me in my journey to be a part of the PC, I have decided to join the journals myself so here we go.  I received my nomination letter in September for Eastern Europe in April 2011. I am currently a High School JV boys soccer coach which I enjoy so much. Coaching has always been something I can fall back on. It's a good way to past the time while waiting on the PC lengthy process. I'm sure everyone can relate.     

I am very close to completing all of my medical requirements for the peace corps. Which has been a very lengthy process for last couple of months. My first hurdle was the fact that I did not have health insurances due to the fact that I am over the age limit to stay on my parents, "even though at the time I was still trying to complete graduate school". But that is a whole other issue. But on the other hand I have a very supportive father who has helped me financially in my goal to be a part of the peace corps. Tomorrow I will going to the dentist to get two fillings and a crown (not happy). On a brighter side this is the last information the peace corps requires from me. I am very excited to have these last couple of months to come to a end and turn my focus to preparing myself for the next adventure in my life.   

Until later....

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on nearly finishing the medical paperwork! I know it sounds silly to congratulate that feat (I scoffed at people who congratulated me on the same), but it really is a huge step. I just recently received medical clearance and am waiting to hear from a Placement Officer.

    What field would you be going into? Teaching? I originally was nominated for Eastern Europe for March, but have been told that it would probably get pushed back to April.

    Anyway, welcome to the PC blogging community. I'm new here too! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I'm excited to finally get this all done. I received a letter yesterday that I am now waiting for a Placement Officer to contact me also.

    I got nominated for NGO in Eastern Europe. What did you get nominated for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also nominated for Eastern Europe, but for Teaching English!

    ReplyDelete