Friday, April 1, 2011

Its in the mail....

It has been a great week for me. After no word from the Peace Corps for about a month my departure date was coming closer and closer. I decided to contact my recruiter to see if he could shed a little light on the situation he told me that he would see what he can do and would get back to me by the end of the week. To my surprise this helped and by the end of the week my Placement Officer emailed me to set up my final phone interview (which was this past Monday). I promptly scheduled the first possible time on Monday.

After waiting by the phone for about 30 minutes without a phone call, I decided to check my voice mail Ahhhh I missed the call because my phone never rang I freaked out I called my placement officer back quickly and left a message (because she did not answer my luck) but she called me back about 10 mins later yah yah. I think she knew I was very excited lol I calmed down and we began the interview. After about a 30 min conversation discussing PC expectations and my goals while in the PC. She said congratulations you have been qualified for service. That is what I have been waiting to hear for the past 8 months. She told me I had qualified for three jobs and she needed to review my file within the next week or so and she could place me to the best possible position. I thought great more waiting but I was still excited. I thought I wouldn't hear nothing back until next week. But to my surprise I received one of those lovely 2am email alerts stating my application had been updated. I checked my application status and I am now a invitee, my packet was sent out Thursday March 31, 2011. Sooooo finally its in the mail where I will be volunteering and living for the next 27 months of my life.

Lucky me I get to wait the whole weekend for my packet to reach Phoenix from Washington DC (I think the PC does this to see if they can mess with your emotions just a little bit more before you leave.) Lol jk I think everyone can relate to that while waiting to hear back from the PC.

Until Monday fingers crossed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment